IDEA Virtual Academy students will attend their live classes with Microsoft Teams.
Watch this quick video or follow the steps below to learn how to:
- Login to Teams
- Use the Calendar to join LIVE class
- Navigate Your Classes
- Contact Support
Login to Teams
1. Login to your IDEA Chromebook with your student username and password.
- Username: IDemail@example.com
- Password: IdeaMMDDYY
2. When the Chrome browser opens, click on the Teams icon at the top left corner of the screen.
Use the Calendar to join LIVE class
3. Inside teams you, click on the Calendar icon on the left of the screen.
4. Every virtual scholar should see 4 meetings scheduled each week day, 2 before lunch and 2 after.
- When it is time class to start, that meeting will turn dark purple and a Join button will appear.
5. To join the class, click on the Join button or where you see the Camera icon.
- You will see a dark screen where you can switch your camera or microphone on or off.
- Click Join Now to enter the live meeting session.
6. When class is over, the teacher will end the meeting for everyone and you can click into the next class on your calendar.
Navigate Your Classes
7. On the side menu click on the tab that says Teams to see all classes you are a member of.
8. If you see more than your 4 virtual classes, click on the 3 dots and select Hide.
9. Click on a Team to see announcements and information your teacher shares with you.
- If you are missing a virtual Class Team or meeting, contact your teacher with Remind or email the Virtual Academy office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For technical support visit www.ideapublicschools.org/learningtech